VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gears feel notchy and has got stuck in 1st and reverse a few times. Reverse definitely seems the worst with a bit of a clunk. If you put it in gear and keep your foot on the clutch it seems to engage after a few minutes. If it doesn't go into gear easily when driving, re clutching (foot off then back down) then makes it go in ok. There are no signs of fluid in the footwell and the mounting bracket isn't broken (I've read this is a common fault). What are your thoughts?
(I'm thinking just needs bleeding or maybe slave cylinder needs replacing??). If it is the slave cylinder how easy is it to replace on a 5 cylinder 2.4 diesel (N reg) and how much should I pay for one??

:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Been quoted £79.98 for the slave cylinder from the main dealer...

Anyway replaced one following a similar problem? Did it sort it and how difficult was it to replace?

Thanks!

:confused:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had my slave cylinder from GSF a lot cheaper. To fit the slave cylinder its not that hard just need patience and small fingers.

Changing gear problems, it could be many of things. Try bleeding the clutch if not it might be engine mounts and gear box mount, or then the bushing in the selector on the gear box may have worn, if its not any of them it would either be a new clutch or the syncro has gone in the gear box. This is what i did when i had problems with changing gears.:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts