VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
But what makes them rubbish?

I have the standard shocks now, and the previous owner replaced the rear springs but i dont know where they're from, and it feels a bit 'wallowy', i cant see it could be any worse?

I have hardly any weight in the back if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I've got these shockers fitted along with CMC 40mm springs and they are great, no problems whatsoever on my van.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well for a 100 quid with two years warranty cant be a bad deal.are they quite firm?

·
Registered
324 Posts
you get what you pay for saying that i fitted gaz with eibachs the ride was awful no matter how much i messed with settings then had enough of the fifties yank feel so replaced gaz with bilsteins a totally different van holds the road can corner better etc the gaz were on for a week when removed one was leaking and the threads were mashed £200 plus now garage door stop so at the price maybe worth a shot T:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Their -60mm "TUV Approved" springs are terrible. I have an empty SWB T4 and there are no gaps between the coils!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm after a set of springs n shocks for my 2l petrol caravelle, 8 seater and 5/6 will be used when we go out in it
What are the best springs and shocks?
It s sky high at the moment and corners like the titanic!
Doesn t help that I ve been driving a lowered Audi Coupe for a few months

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Their -60mm "TUV Approved" springs are terrible. I have an empty SWB T4 and there are no gaps between the coils!
I've got the 40mm springs and there are no gaps, but all I can say is they work great. Appears to handle just as well as my last van which had Eibachs fitted, but looks far better.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i fitted the -60mm springs on mine from cmc and absolutely fantastic the only problem i had was lowering the front too much LOL: i even put some lowering plates in and still fantastic

just need to crack on with my van and get it back on the road I: prepping paint work isnt easy without a shed :(

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Am fitting CMC Green meanies with sachs hd tomorrow.

Will let you know my thoughts.

T:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi. How did you get on with the green meanies? Need to replace mine after cross threaded my original shocks yesterday :eek:.

Have fitted the cmc -60 green springs and all seems okay at the mo. They have only lowered it 40mm tho but my van is empty at the mo, so that's probably why.

Might get some thinner top rubbers as the springs don't fit the groove in the old rubbers anyhow.

Anyone else fitted green meanies?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Hi
guys got these on mine rear springs 60 mm + front shocks they are good no probs with mine
going to do the rear shocks when funds allow good service to ordered by 11 00 am turned up next day
very happy with them
good luck guys

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Hi
guys i got these on mine rear springs 60 mm + front shocks work ing no probs going to do rear shocks when funds allow
good service to ordered mine by 11 00am turned up next day
good luck guys

1 - 20 of 61 Posts