VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Fitting the green CMC -60mm HD's this evening, its amazing the mix of comments on the forum relating to them... the concensus seems to be that they loook wrong but ride well and do a good job of lowering the van under modertae weight.. I can't wait to get mine on... the back end of my van has been in the air for too long... it was lowered 45 at the front when I bought it in April, its driven me mad to look at since then but other bits of the conversion were more important for the summer... roll on tonight!!!!A:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'll see how it goes, a mate of mine has been running them for three years in a similarly loaded van to mine.. lined, carpeted, insualted and a three quarter rock n roll bed, normally three or four surfboards too. He's not had any issues but you never know... if I have to buy a second time it will be a full Bilstein kit!

·
Somebody stop me!
11,899 Posts
Been there, now on Vogtland and its like chalk and cheese. Vogtland are slightly cheaper than the Eibach (still progressive) but are more or less equal spec and the ride is a fraction lower T:T:

Look out for them on the Bluebird Customs site, i think they have stock :ILU:

1,094 Posts
We use CMC Hd green springs on most of our t4's, the 60mm drop works great with the full interior conversions, i also find the ride ok, but we are on British roads here, so i spend most of the time avoiding potholes, just to preserve my un-kerbed alloys, but that day will come.:blg

·
Registered
335 Posts
Fitted them last night, the ride and handling is great as far as I'm concerned, also fitted the poly lowering plates.. I drove through sainsburys hitting speed bumps to see if they'd bottom out, I didnt manage it!

Seriously though, I personally would struggle to justify spending hundreds on suspension, what was there wasn't broken after all.

I'm really happy with them, I have a fully lined van with a 3/4 rnr in the back, and a couple of tubs of kit stashed underneath that.

VERY PLEASED! A::ILU:T:

·
Registered
159 Posts
is a mixed bad of reveiws been looking to change the suspension on my van as think its still on its original shocks, but has been lowerd, how much I don't know?

come across the green meanie the other night and also the cmc coilover springs, but now carn't decide what to go for

* green meanies x4 and coilover springs

* sachos x4 and coilover springs

*full VMAXX kit

just the prices on some seam to draw to them, funds aint great but the job dose need doing!!

and will be running 18s

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would get the sachs hd shocks my mate (atyeo80 starter of the thread) fitted the green meanies last year and just over a year later he has replaced the front ones for the sachs ones as the cmc ones were completely fubared you push them down and they don't come back up
Waste of money tbh just get the sachs ones
There not meant to come up are they? its the spring that pulls the shock out and the shock stops it spring back up to quick and bouncing you around

Stu

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Cant vouch for CMC but I agree GAz aren't much cop.

Mine held together for a while but the ride was awful. Front started to knock and I thought of the dreaded ball joints but no it was the bushes on the shocks were completely shot to bits and, well, missing really.

I've gone back to Bilstein normal length shocks and the difference is night and day. The bus is comfortable again. No bouncing, no knocking, quiet, I don't need a mouth guard and I don't wince at every pothole however small. Handling wise there isn't a lot in it either.

By the way I'm on a 40-50mm drop maybe a tad more on the front.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts