VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 50mm CMC springs have just arrived(good service but not accepting credit cards :( )so will fit then this weekend, will post before/after pics soon, also starting on the dynomat type insulation...nice.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well,fitted the "50mm" lowering springs on sunday and after running the van today checked the drop..20mm front...25mm rear:confused:, there will be some settling but i doubt it will be 30/25mm.
The van is 05 with 44k and has not been abused(it sat so high it looked like a 4x4) so the old springs had not sagged,i also undid the inner wishbone/rear trailing arm mounts so the bushes could unwind and take the tension out of them,will measure them again in a few weeks to see if there is any change,fingers crossed as most people dont notice any different in the ride height

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a 2.5,i am now going around looking for speed bumps to drive over(not hard to find around here...LOL) to get the springs to bed in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could put 6 layers of dynomat inside to make it sit lower.........but that would cost about the same as a set of coilovers(should have gone for them in the first place ...DOH)

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Ring Mike up and tell him your problem.

It would be interesting to see the levels of customer serviceI:

Rob

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has lost some of the wallow and is slightly stiffer,will measure it again tomorrow to see if there is any change in ride height Dom.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Measured it last night..front still only 20mm drop...rear is now 30mm lower still a long way off 50mm drop!!!!!!!and the faux wood floor(B&Q sticky panels) seem to be not so sticky anymore and is curling up at the edges...time to get the nails out:eek:

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I had cmc 50mm springs for ages and they never dropped the full amount...sold them on in the end as not happy with the way they sat...picked up some well tired Jamex ones then ( -60mm) and got the - 85 look i was after..I:..

Gonna use TotallyT4's springs on me new van..Will let peeps know how they sit..T:

·
Formerly known as boscombesurfer
1,315 Posts
I am running CMC -60 springs and they dropped it -70mm with nothing in the back! They didnt need to bed in just went straight down. To be honest even with -70 drop it still looks too bloody high. :ILU:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts