VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1961 - 1980 of 2001 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Liking those BMW wheels. What are they off? Big 7 series or something?

Mine on Extreme Offset Smoothies now:

Photo shoot location 2 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Hi Dave, they are of a BMW 6 series fit straight on with spigot rings...much better ride than the aftermarket ones i had on before. there is no catching, scrubbing or rubbing at all, they are weight rated at 850kg a corner.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Viewing on an iPad so even when I turn it round it’s upside down:):. Need to remember how to lock the screen rotation

·
Registered
1 Posts

Changed my alloys for some new steel wheels and all terrains. 16 inch steels I sprayed myself, which unfortunately came out far more blue than the grey I thought I'd bought! BFG's AT 215/65/16. I might have to respray them black!

·
Registered
16 Posts

This is a fresh start for me. I bought the car two weeks ago. It's a 2005 2.5 130hp 4Motion and has 5 seats in it.

I was planning to go with #highuptransporters and have some nice AT tires with stock height at first but yea... previous owner had installed a set of coilovers just one year ago. I'm debating with myself should I keep it low for now. It is a new set afterall, nothing wrong with it.

Granted, I do like the fact that now I definitely can fit into all local car parks. Which was a reason to choose Transporter instead of a Crafter in the first place.

Winter is coming soon and with the car came a set of 16" steels in horrible condition. I was planning to just paint them black and have winter tires installed. Then I would have time until next spring to either find some nice rims or go with the stock ones I now have.

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
I like it KLF T:

I'd stick with the coilies and personally wouldnt go black with the stock steels it'll make them seem smaller .
Some nice fat silver smoothies would work. :cool:

...i'd have to ditch the orange repeaters aswell ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yea. The repeaters are on the list, along with several other things that I either want or need to replace. You know that feeling, when in the middle of an intersection gear knob comes off and rolls between the middle seats I: ? I ordered the replacement last week and it won't be a minute too soon when it arrives :D

I agree that black might be too much. White would go nicely with blue color but they are probably hard to keep clean? I've had couple sets as gunmetal gray in my previous cars, maybe I should try that.

1961 - 1980 of 2001 Posts