VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.
I'm doing the support role for some friends coast to coast mountbike ride next year. It is from St' Bee's in Cumbria to Robin Hoods Bay in Yorkshire. The charity we are supporting is Cancer Research UK.
I have created a simple Wordpress website/blog to show the riders training progress & will cover the ride as well.
Here is the link:
http://thelasercoast2coastmtb.wordpress.com/

Hopefully the mods will allow this post to stand (maybe a sticky too? )
If you want to donate, that will be great!
Cheers!
Stu.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Hi Stu,

Not sure if we have met before, as we're pretty local to each other. I'm in Kingswinford.

I've just seen this thread and wanted to say what a great idea, and well done to all involved. My uncle did the coast to coast for charity a couple of years ago and does a different ride every year for a different charity.

I noticed on your blog that you were at cannock chase, and it gave me an idea;

I love mountain biking and cannock has some good all round trails without being too far away. I don't get out on my bike very often at all lately as i'm not a 'lone rider' i enjoy the ride but also the laugh that you have with your fellow riders.
All my mates that ride have mostly moved away or lost interest and so i have very little motivation to get up on a sunday morning and go out on my own. thats my own fault for being like that but i've done that enough times now to know that i just don't enjoy it - so whats the point.

I'll get to the point - and the fund raising part of the plan.

We could arrange a T4 / mountain bike meet at birches valley. The guys doing this ride for charity can 'lead' the ride and anyone wanting to join in can donate say £2-£5 for the cause. You can put me down for sure, may even become a regular ride and raise some money for a good cause too.

We could maybe even talk to the rangers to see if they can allocate us a parking area together and let us donate say half our parking fees to the cause and the other half to cannock chase.

Just putting an idea i had up here, let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Neil

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Not sure if we've met, but I bet we've passed each other a few times!!

Sounds like a good idea.
I will have to contact the riders to see what they think - I'll let you know.T:
I'm sure we must have. previously had a paprika red T4 with blacked out side windows, lowered on stock steels - and just recently changed to a dragon green T4 caravelle.

Look forward to hearing from you.

I'm sure the cakeface contingent could muster a few extra folk up to Cannock too :p
Where's BigCat when you need him? I:
I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the next cakeface outing, and i'll come along. T:

·
Registered
790 Posts
We could arrange a T4 / mountain bike meet at birches valley. The guys doing this ride for charity can 'lead' the ride and anyone wanting to join in can donate say £2-£5 for the cause. You can put me down for sure, may even become a regular ride and raise some money for a good cause too.

We could maybe even talk to the rangers to see if they can allocate us a parking area together and let us donate say half our parking fees to the cause and the other half to cannock chase.
If this goes ahead, i'd be up for it, weekend working pending...

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spoke to the lads today. They usually meet up thursday nights, Saturdays OR sundays for training runs. They did say that they could do a Cannock chase one. The donations thing is a good ideaT: They said those that want to do this, post again here & PM me you mobile number, so I can pass it on to them. They can can then arrange with you a convenient day to to it.
Cheers all!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts