VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
previously known as: baggit
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps, just run the cables for multi function display and installed my mfsw and I want to code the multi function display preferably without the 1 1/2 hour drive I'm facing.

I have access to vag com and obd 2 cable, can I use this to code or can I only use vcds and roses tech cable. Can I use the obd with vcds as I also have access to this software....I'm also after what version of the software I need.

Cheers in advance for any advice as always.:ILU::ILU:T:

·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need a genuine CAN enabled Ross Tech cable to program a T5.1
Bugger, I thought someone might say that, they are upwards of £100 aren't they? Seems that way from what I can find anyway

·
Registered
90 Posts
About £208 for a MicroCAN and £260 for a Hex-CAN (these are the one to get).

There are hundreds of people all over with genuine cables - where are you located? Someone will do it for beer tokens.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just saw you're in Essex. If there is no 'VCDS register' on here, do a Google search and most VAG forums have them with a list of people who opt in.

·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just saw you're in Essex. If there is no 'VCDS register' on here, do a Google search and most VAG forums have them with a list of people who opt in.
Thanks for your help, I can go to Colchester but it's hard to get there during working hours, was trying to avoid it but will find the time somehow T::D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts