VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will be fitting air bags and coilovers on me new t5 soon ,
is anyone interested in a how to with pics ?
still waiting on bags from america tho .:*
will also be able to fit this kit to forum members vans if everything goes to plan .T:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just curious - what bags/struts are you using? We've got a T5 system in the pipeline ourselves, feel free to give me a shout if you want to discuss any ideas T:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive ordered a set of bags that go over coilovers ,
so you have your van as low as you want on the coilovers,
then raise it on the bags for everyday use ,
what do you think done alot of research and ordered alot of kit ?:*

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
It's a pity you hadn't noticed the two main guys in the country who are working on systems for our vans!:confused: I may be wrong but I have a feeling these guys could and probably would get you what you've ordered for a hell of a lot cheaper than you've paid for.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you rekon $450 yes dollars is a high price all in ,
i dont want full air as incase i was along way from home and bag burst ,
this is a safe route ive took ,heard of people having big problems if a bag burst ,(and i get in some remote places)
will be as low as anything at shows tho .
if it works lol.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
this is a safe route ive took ,heard of people having big problems if a bag burst ,(and i get in some remote places)
if it works lol.
Yeah... i see your point but if fitted right i dont think you would burst one, Yeah they will de-grade but that would take years:ILU:

Possible though i supposeI:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sounds like an interesting idea in theory. Not sure how you'd get it really slammed without relying on air when it's raised, usually you'd replace the springs with bellows or sleeves unless you're talking about something along the lines of the Air Lift 1000 kits, though even then you'll be relying on them to keep your wheels out of the arches if you've got very short springs. Unless you're using the bags to compress the springs in some way?

I assume you're talking about costs before shipping and HMRC but it's irrelevant really (and hey, not really any of my business), depends entirely on what parts you're using and who they're made by. Regardless it sounds like a pretty different concept to what we're used to dealing with so I'm all ears, and as I said feel free to get in touch if you'd like any pointers along the way.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Would be interested to see how if goesT:

An issue with bag over coils as I see it maybe the damping rate of the shock - But nothing a decent set of coilovers can't overcomeI:

I guess somthing like so:-

:confused:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
if it works lol.
Have you any pics of the kit? Sounds interesting.

A bag poping shouldn't happen. It will only burst if it's rubbing on something or the air line is. So good installation is vital.
The vehicle should also be able to drive without any air in the system therefore if one does pop at speed your still safe.

Like you iv waisted far too much time researching, if you want to chat I'm allays happy to talk air.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
will be fitting air bags and coilovers on me new t5 soon ,
is anyone interested in a how to with pics ?
still waiting on bags from america tho .:*
will also be able to fit this kit to forum members vans if everything goes to plan .T:
I am...............T:
been considering this for a while now on the van, but also want to do my MK1 caddy, so i can keep them low & still carry weight

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
here's one for Ikustoms............. love the blog & often have a nosey, but been getting a neck ache lately....:( can you post your pictures the right way roundT: or is it an art'y thing....I:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
here's one for Ikustoms............. love the blog & often have a nosey, but been getting a neck ache lately....:( can you post your pictures the right way roundT: or is it an art'y thing....I:
Sorry dude.
Admittedly it's my fault.
Updating the blog takes so much time and iv not been able to make time for it.
I will adjust all future blog posts;)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still waiting on bags , hopfully theyll come soon so i can fit over christmas .

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still got the White one , with strut through hub , got a silver one aswell ,
Just hope everything goes to plan .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts