VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be good if there was a list of all the makes of coilvers you can get for the T5, inc info on drop, adjustable or not etc, price. So it would be easier to pick whick ones to go for.

So far ive found

JOM 30-90mm drop £279 comes with helper springs built in

RACE TECH 30 - 70MM £449

V MAXX EXTREME 40-70MM £588 ADJ dampers

GAZ 45-70mm £675 can be rebuilt, ADJ dampers

H&R up to 80mm £1250 ADJ dampers

Bilstein 40 - 75mm £1099 ADJ dampers

Any more?

·
Registered
717 Posts
I thought it would be good if there was a list of all the makes of coilvers you can get for the T5, inc info on drop, adjustable or not etc, price. So it would be easier to pick whick ones to go for.

So far ive found

JOM 30-90mm drop £279 comes with helper springs built in

RACE TECH 30 - 70MM £449

V MAXX EXTREME 40-70MM £588 ADJ dampers

GAZ 45-70mm £675 can be rebuilt, ADJ dampers

H&R up to 80mm £1250 ADJ dampers

Bilstein 40 - 75mm £1099 ADJ dampers

Any more?
the gaz ones are more like 100mm :)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Prosport 30-70mm £300

@ theone are more like or are 100mm drop? Took info from bluebirds website.

Yeah sorry if you have got the t32 you are limited to which coilovers you can have.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Pro sports and JOM are both rubbish kits both me and my mate have them, have the JOM they dnt lower no where near enough on the front and make the van lookalike a dragster, he took his prosports off and bought bilsteins and I had to do the hub mod, his pro sports we knocking like crazy, buy cheap buy twiceT:
I have just purchased FK Highsports for my new van and he quality is in a different class compared to the chinesse rubbish of JOM/ProsportI:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Pro sports and JOM are both rubbish kits both me and my mate have them, have the JOM they dnt lower no where near enough on the front and make the van lookalike a dragster, he took his prosports off and bought bilsteins and I had to do the hub mod, his pro sports we knocking like crazy, buy cheap buy twiceT:
I have just purchased FK Highsports for my new van and he quality is in a different class compared to the chinesse rubbish of JOM/ProsportI:
FK are chinese as are vmaxx and cmc same factory differant branding ;), all coilovers benifit with the help of helper springs

·
Registered
702 Posts
According to the information on this Ebay item they do have helper springs. Maybe spec has been updated since you had them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180936603695?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_882wt_1255

Neither of them two struts are for the T5 trust me, I bought mine 5weeks ago or so and they dnt have helper springs, the van sold today so my FK will be going on the new van, these are a very good bit of kit, the whole build quality compared to the cheap JOM Prosport rubbish is far superior A:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Neither of them two struts are for the T5 trust me, I bought mine 5weeks ago or so and they dnt have helper springs, the van sold today so my FK will be going on the new van, these are a very good bit of kit, the whole build quality compared to the cheap JOM Prosport rubbish is far superior A:
I wasn't looking at the photo, it's says in the description that they come with helper springs to prevent the spring from dislocation when jacked up. I don't know I've not bought them just going off what the advert says.

Personally from experience I would by a cheap set after having bad experiences with them on previous cars.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Certainly no helper springs on any JOM kit I have seen for the T5

Such bad reports about prosport/JOM recently I would avoid especially after experiencing them both

FK and Vmaxx I have Hardin the past and will use again

Buy cheap buy twice T:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree mate and won't be buying a cheap set (just seen my typo on my last post and can't edit it)

I was thinking of going for gaz coilovers but 675 and then need helpers at extra cost.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So are Fk Highsports the babies to go for?
I don't know it's very quite in here, thought I'd of got some feedback on the kits, we have all seen the coilovers knocking thread so we know it's not down the the brand. I was more after ride comfort and massive drop ;-)

·
Registered
702 Posts
I got Highsports off eBay for £399 very good price if you google them ou can pay £600 at some places for them:eek:

The build quality and feedback from some members on here is positive regarding the FK Highsport, mine are in the dining room waiting for my new van next week and trust me they are a proper well built kit unlike the JOM I fitted on my previous van T:

·
Registered
868 Posts
I got Highsports off eBay for £399 very good price if you google them ou can pay £600 at some places for them:eek:

The build quality and feedback from some members on here is positive regarding the FK Highsport, mine are in the dining room waiting for my new van next week and trust me they are a proper well built kit unlike the JOM I fitted on my previous van T:
Post a piccy mate and let us know what is better in the build quality compared toJOM/Prosport. T:

·
Registered
702 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The highsports don't have adjustable dampers do they?

I'd like the have them adjustable to tweak the comfort.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts