VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I’m hoping you can help point me in the direction of where to get a cold start choke cable for my W reg T4. It is the short section we need but don’t seem to be able to find any online. Any ideas????

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hello. I have just spent some time trying to find the same part for my T4 ..its no longer being produced and VW can no longer get it ...Unless someone on the forum knows different ...I spoke to someone at Brickwerks and they couldnt get it either...I looked all over online and only found one..but communication wasnt very reassuring...so I let it go.
In the end I ordered the long part from VW ...that part is still available lol....and repaired the short part using heat shrink...worked a treat ...Hope this helps...Im sure you have already found all this out by now...but I thought Id reply anyway....maybe someone will correct me now lol...but I dont think so.
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello. I have just spent some time trying to find the same part for my T4 ..its no longer being produced and VW can no longer get it ...Unless someone on the forum knows different ...I spoke to someone at Brickwerks and they couldnt get it either...I looked all over online and only found one..but communication wasnt very reassuring...so I let it go.
In the end I ordered the long part from VW ...that part is still available lol....and repaired the short part using heat shrink...worked a treat ...Hope this helps...Im sure you have already found all this out by now...but I thought Id reply anyway....maybe someone will correct me now lol...but I dont think so.
Thanks
Didn’t hear that already! I need all the info and suggestions I can get!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
My cold start cable was broken on the short part... at the end of the plastic part where it connected to the longer part...
Where is yours broken ?
Do you have a picture ...maybe its repairable like mine ....just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts