VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to remove the cold start lever???? I'm going insane. I have the whole dash waiting to come out but I can't get the damn lever off!!!! I've for the handle bit off but can't get the rest off. It's a 2000 t4 1.9td. Thanks

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Pull lever fully out.
You should be able to see a metal collar behind the lever.
Remove this by prying to one side, but be careful – this holds a plastic tab that goes all the way through the sleeve/arm.
You now need to twist off the lever (turn anti-clockwise).

It’s a pretty easy job. I did break my plastic tab when taking apart, and never realy did need it when re-assembling (just made sure it was screwed back together tightly). But I do suppose it is best to try not to break things….. A problem I always have when taking things to bits – I also seem to have more screws left over than when I started a job ? :confused: :* :confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the reply! I have already broken a bit of it in my frustration. I think I see the collar you mean but cannot for the life of me prize it off! Any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advise guys. Finally managed to get the thing off but mine seems to be slightly different. I had to unscrew a circular metal collar just behind the lever next to the dadh which then let me pull the rest of the assembly trough the dash. It wasn't obvious at all to me that his was a nut but hey I got there in the end! Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts