VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been running my 2.4 with the cold start lever out as it seems to run better , ive already adjusted the pump when we did the cambelt and it still runs ever so slightly lumpy but when i pull out the cold start it runs sweet as a nut and pulls like a train so what im asking is am i doing any damage to the motor?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wouldnt be doing any serious damage, but then its only meant to be started on the cold start. It'll be fine as a short term solution, but not long term. i would suggest that you give it a good service, air filter, plugs, oil, fuel filter, usually helps to make it run better, if you still dont notice any huge differences and your not very technical minded, i'd get a friend with a techy brain to do some simple diagnostics or take it to a garage. wouldnt mess around with the fuelling unless you know what you're doing, as the fuelling may not be the problem in the first place.

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Your advancing the timeing so yes it coulld have long term affects if you just keep driving it like that.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers guys, ive just had loads of work done on the van including cambelt , waterpump , glow plugs , vacuum pump , oil , filters and decat. when we did all this work we found it had a aab head on a aja block. do you think this may have anything to do with it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts