VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all from a newbee to this forum.

I've got a silver '07 T5 panel van which I'm in the process of converting. As part of the cosmetics, I'm fairly keen to colour code the bumpers.

I'm happy to keep the standard silver colour, but all of the bumpers I can find for sale on ebay and other places are primed only - I'll then have to pay more money to have someone spray them.

My thoughts are that surely if it's a standard colour there should be a few pre-painted ones knocking about somewhere... I just can't work out where... does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello,

Ive actually looked into this myself.

however i am lucky enough to have 2 family members as sprayers.

They told me that the cheapest way is to buy what you are saying. Pre-primed bumpers.

and get a sprayer to paint them, then fit them yourself to minimise costs.

you can get the current bumpers flattened primed and painted but because they are dimpled its alot of work...which is alot of money

There maybe somewhere out there that sells them sprayed in standard silver for a t5.

But will most probably charge a high price as nobody would stock this sort of thing....

My advice would be to buy pre-primed and get a sprayer on them.

I recommend www.t4srus.co.uk for the bumpers

hope this helps

Elliott

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Our bodyshop for T4 World is VW APPROVED. We have colour coded many, many bumpers, take a look in my GALLERY.

We take both front and rear bumpers off so there is no tell-tale unpainted edges, rub down and make smooth and paint. So there is no dimpled finish to the bumper - just totally smooth like the body panels. This will save you money buying new bumpers of course.

Front bumper incl all inserts, again painted seperately and rear bumper and wing mirrors is £450. We are based in Kent.

If we can help you out in any way - just shout. James 07740 197795.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Our bodyshop for T4 World is VW APPROVED. We have colour coded many, many bumpers, take a look in my GALLERY.

We take both front and rear bumpers off so there is no tell-tale unpainted edges, rub down and make smooth and paint. So there is no dimpled finish to the bumper - just totally smooth like the body panels. This will save you money buying new bumpers of course.

Front bumper incl all inserts, again painted seperately and rear bumper and wing mirrors is £450. We are based in Kent.

If we can help you out in any way - just shout. James 07740 197795.
that sounds about right to us, with painting you get what you pay forT:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
that sounds about right to us, with painting you get what you pay forT:
Ain't that the truth!! I'm sure there are people offering to do it for less but are the bumpers smoothed? are they taken off? and I'd like a look in 6 months time! Spraying is defo one of those things you get what you pay for.

·
Custom Vans
1,179 Posts
Apologies for highjacking this treat for a moment but I have a colour coding question regarding the rear door handle and if people code them or not when they have their bumpers done? If so how hard is it to take off? :confused:

Thanks in advance T:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had my bumpers painted and they didnt sand down the dimples just built up the layers it gives a much better finish and you cant tell they were ever dimpled, about £400 all up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts