VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 😬.
It was all black but got bored so then it went grey on black ....which came to a messy end when i slammed the back door before fixing it properly :rolleyes:
Next we tried black with carbon wrap which i wasnt keen on so the missus came up with grey on grey :cool:.
I like it ....and if the rain ever stops i might even get around to fitting it .

·
Registered
5 Posts
How did you prep, and what type of paint did you use, please.
currently painting my van, was thinking painting and then wrapping the emblem

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Smarty , hows the crafter ?

Dano - seperated the 2 parts of the badge , aerosol plastic primer and then colour mixed to match the existing body colour .
The non metallic grey background is just primer with clear lacquer over the top .

·
Registered
5 Posts

Dano - seperated the 2 parts of the badge , aerosol plastic primer and then colour mixed to match the existing body colour .
The non metallic grey background is just primer with clear lacquer over the top .
Is this the rear badge on a t4? I didnt realise you could separate it
cant figure out how to separate front one.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Ahhhhh just seen this is in the t5 forum 🤦🏻‍♂️ Hahah

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks turk , i've never had much success in the past with aerosols.
I haven't got enough patience and end up rushing stuff and buggering it up.
But this time i'm quite pleased with my efforts....and its all down to lockdown.
Everything has been painted outdoors and am amazed at how few contaminants i've had considering.
The finish has been 'enhanced' slightly with a real light wet flat and a quick rub with t-cut, i'll add a coat of polish for protection before fitting it .
Whats next i wonder :unsure:

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,561 Posts
Great jobs can't be rushed mate, afterall, it's a labour of love isn't it! so why rush it.
Did you say you'd painted your mirrors as well? .................... wouldn't mind seeing those mate ;)

I think Gun Metal Grey always looks great, kind of 'Classy', unlike fake Chrome for instance.

TURK

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Cracking work there bud, it is quite hard to get a bodyshop finish whilst using rattle cans, but you've nailed it there.
As much of a fan of colour coding, I like to contrast hence painting my mirror bases green, I am tempted with swapping my black upper mirror caps for white though :unsure:

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Noice (y) looks like a top finish again mate. Good luck with the re-fit 🤞

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks both , no not fitted them yet .
Need flatting and polishing first and then wait for a day when its not lashing it down so i can get to fit them 🤞.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts