VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to re spray my steels but i'm out of ideas for colour/pattern/style.

My van is white. Black i like but maybe a bit same old same old.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Zebra stripes. That would be mega different.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
If y zebra hide goes missing from the livng room I now know why;)
Anyways, Zebra striped wheels sounds cool, though I do favour a topic or color that may also be found wlsewhere on the van
Slihtly OT; I looked at a T5 Van bit ago & the whole bulkhead behind drivers seats where taped in zebra stripes, looked kind of neat
Roll out the idea guysA:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
If y zebra hide goes missing from the livng room I now know why;)
Anyways, Zebra striped wheels sounds cool, though I do favour a topic or color that may also be found wlsewhere on the van
Slihtly OT; I looked at a T5 Van bit ago & the whole bulkhead behind drivers seats where taped in zebra stripes, looked kind of neat
Roll out the idea guysA:
Well is there any colours gong on inside or outside of the van. Apart from the white.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be lining the back in as close to black as I can, white piping in seats and splats of it here and there. My life is black and white so my van will be the same.

Regarding the zebra stripes, someone had something similar on a black alloy wheel lip and it just didn't look good to me. The idea is different and that's what i'm looking for. I've been playing with images all day in work to try and figure something out but so far i've had epic fails.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
How about adding characters for the American dad series in areas of the rim (as your a fan of Louis!?)? Something that's not been seen and its different.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Douh...... Yes, francine hahaha. I tend to mix the two shows up sometimes.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
had an idea today, then sat down for a bit.

The spinning things that do your eyes in, the type that are like a swirl but when spinning seem to go on and on.

Can't figure out how to get the image and load it in motion.

The catherine wheel effect is the best way to describe it.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Plenty of brain storming on here which I find good!
At the end of the day get something U like!
Maybe do all 4 wheels different?
Do a Theme thing like 4 differen cartoons etc
There is sooooo much to choose from :)
I cant evev decide how to do my brothers Air filter cover (its a Mec) :eek:

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
art knowledgable people will have more ideas than me but what i want is something that looks like one thing stationary but transforms into something different in motion. Even if it's something using two wheels on one side and then diffwerent on the other two.

I'm liking the pinstripe idea so going to look using the above format down that route.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
art knowledgable people will have more ideas than me but what i want is something that looks like one thing stationary but transforms into something different in motion. Even if it's something using two wheels on one side and then diffwerent on the other two.

I'm liking the pinstripe idea so going to look using the above format down that route.
Yes I think I know what you mean Mate. Anything like these two below.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that's the zebre style i was thinking of, don't get me wrong the appear to be well done but they just aren't the look that appeals to me, each to their own and all that.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Gaz

this is what i'm thinking of and other things like it

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
now the question is can I get a stencil to use to do a self spray job or does anyone know of a pinstriper willing and able to take this on?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Get a stencile from a sign maker T:
Best bet

Will this IRL look the same?
I am thinking of the fact that the wheel does not ha a "full flat" surface
Any thought reg this?:*

1 - 20 of 31 Posts