VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my drivers seat with something more comfortable. Is there any that are easier/harder to fit?

I would like leather really for getting in and out with wetsuits or if not i'll put an animal seat cover on. Just needs to be comfy.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I would recommend recaro seats, i have the style that are in the audi s3 and they are mega comfy!! they are also heated and cooled, you can switch the heat and cool on at he same time and it wafts nice warm air around ya backside!!! some also have the adjustable lumber support, all in all they are mega comfy seats, mine arent leather, yet. :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you know if they are easy to fit? the hunt is then on for a single drivers seat!!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
reasonably easy to fit!!
All i did was have a positive from the battery (with a relay in there off an ignition positive so when u switch off at the ignition it kills the power to the seats) I then earthed them on one of the bolts on the seats.
As for runners i got some recaro specific ones, would be better and easier to make up your own as i found out that was the expensive way of doing it!!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have a single black leather Audi TT seat that I could part with, it's a passenger side seat so you would have to make some other arrangement for the seat belt attachment, maybe attach it to the base or floor instead. The seat was never fitted to my van as we wanted to retain the front double. The driver seat is fitted to my standard seat base by drilling a few new holes, so the passenger side one should be a doddle too.

I am open to offers on the seat.

Ian. :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
think i'm going to hold off for the volvo seat Will. Hope it'll fit?!?!?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts