VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So i have had 3 t5's all absolute trouble from day 1

sold the 1.9 van to fund a t4 again ,regret selling my 2002 velle 2.5tdi long nose it was much better made all round ,reliable and a damn site cheaper to repair

So ive been offered a very clean and tidy bog standard 2.4 t4 1999 with 101k FSH for £2500 full mot 6 month tax but its a 4x4 and ive not had a 4x4 vw before.itll be for the usual camping trips and work ,family stuff etc

Are they ok reliabilty wise? :*

I AM NEVER GOING BACK T5 not even if its Free

·
Registered
199 Posts
Dave, I know nothing about 4x4's, and am not after a T5: but best of luck, on face value the 99 T4 sounds like a really good price with the history / mot etc but given your T5 experience I hope you get the advice your after to put you in the know and make sure what you get is the right buy for you and that the move back to the 4's makes you happy T:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im totally in the dark regards 4x4's had a landrover a few years ago and it was well one of those cars you never like and never stop starting :)

Ill test drive it and see if its for me or not

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill have a search :) just wasnt looking or needing a 4x4 in particular so a bit taken back when put on the spot T:

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
So i have had 3 t5's all absolute trouble from day 1

sold the 1.9 van to fund a t4 again ,regret selling my 2002 velle 2.5tdi long nose it was much better made all round ,reliable and a damn site cheaper to repair

So ive been offered a very clean and tidy bog standard 2.4 t4 1999 with 101k FSH for £2500 full mot 6 month tax but its a 4x4 and ive not had a 4x4 vw before.itll be for the usual camping trips and work ,family stuff etc

Are they ok reliabilty wise? :*

I AM NEVER GOING BACK T5 not even if its Free
Good luck and good decision..... T:

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have a 2.4d Syncro (4x4).

3 months after I got it, a bearing broke inside the gearbox and stranded me for 6 hours in Belgium.
Problem caused by the Viscous Coupling located on the rear propshaft.

I just disconnected (taken out) a section of the rear propshaft and never put it back.
Driving 2wd since then.
Never got stuck in mud or snow.....good driver.

But you'll gonna hate the speed and power of a 2.4d.

I fitted a turbo...so I fixed the power.....but speed....even with a 5th gear mod...you're still too slow in 1st-to-4th gears.
I'm looking for a 2.5tdi.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Just to clarify I:

The thread started off in the chat section, but was moved to the for sale section as the op had indicated he had vans for sale (by another mod not me might I ad I:) and that the thread had started to take that direction as apposed to a chat thread. Again this thread has changed direction back to chat, so, can I recommend to the op that if he has vans for sale that he submits them to the classifieds section as an ad that fulfills the criteria i.e price etc etc. I will now remove the the ad material from this thread and return it to the chat section for ....erm.... Chatting ;)

EDIT : THREAD TRIMMED, CARRY ON T:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hehehe love that last post :) i will be listing them as per rules ,and ad a link etc etc :)T:T:

Been away for a few days :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts