VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly I have searched so sorrrry if this is a repeated question.
New Compressor Fridge.
Power Management system.

OK PMS designed to be wired for 3 way fridge...2 relays, one from main battery etc.
I know I don't need this.

I still want to utilise the "fridge fused circuit" on the PMS so as I only need power from my Leisure battery I should be able to..
Take a "jump" wire from My 12v input (into the PMS)
JUMP IT TO THE FRIDGE 12V INPUT (with a short length of correct wire.)
tHEN RUN MY FRIDGE OUT of Fridge output AS NORMAL. Also Putting correct fuse in at fridge end.

Sorry didn't mean capitals to shout.:eek:

Comments appreciated. as I'm all excitedH:

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
That is correct, however you will not be able to turn off your fridge other than by disconnecting the leisure batter. The battery selector switch does not switch the fridge output. All it is is literally an inline fuse. MI have wired mine up in a similar way to yours. I ended up putting an additional relay in so that when either of the batteries are selected the power to the fridge is on and when it is in the off position the fridge is off. Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that. Not sure I want to use the switch mentioned though as I tend to use that as a master switch & turn the lights off with it at night (along with everything else) but need the fridge to keep running. I could probably add fridge switch in some where.
Could always pop the fuse out.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
When I first realised, I used to pop the fuse, now put a switch in. What size battery are you running? The reason I ask is I have a 110AH battery and can not get a weekend out of it, all I am running is the fridge and water pump. How is your fridge for power?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
85 ah battery1 fluorescent strip, 1 multi led, water pup to fit yet. radio & courtesy lights on leisure battery also

My calculation is... The fridge is reputed to run 20% of the time & I hope to vent it well.
13watt / by 12 volt = 1.08
85 ah battery / by 1.08 = 78.46 hours
Give or take that the battery isn't at 100%
Oh and Spain will be hot so I can expect less
It will be a compressor fridge with cold plate so here's hoping.
I may well try & get a second battery to simply run the fridge but the other demands are so small I suspect it will just be a spare.
I also have a small solar panel which will replace some of the drain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts