VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.....titled from "The Grand Tour"....and possibly just as stupid!

Wind Turbine Generator "Farms".

These massive "windmills" can produce 1.5 Mega Watts of power each....Great, you say.

Where does this energy come from?
The wind....the same wind that has been blowing along the same route for centuries.

Suddenly, it hits a barrier of blades...that rob it of it's power.
Simple physics...if you generate 1.5 MW of electric, you must have removed that much from the wind.:*

So....a few miles PAST those turbines, the wind comes to a hill/mountain....it no longer has the power to go over it, so it goes around it.

Wind pattern has changed, so the climate changes (albeit locally).

Put enough of these up, and the wind pattern change becomes global!

We all know "The butterfly flaps in wings in China, and we have a tsunami in Morecombe Bay" LOL:

"Greenies" claim it to be "Renewable Energy"....if that was the case, every so often they'd have to turn the windmills around, power them from the grid, and return that energy they had taken.....I:

Solar panels....another talking point. :eek:

Put them on the roof or your house, or a factory....minimal disturbance.
BUT....put 1000s of them covering acres of ground, and suddenly, the "Earth" that was used to being heated by the sun, is in shade.:*

The heat used to allow the sub-surface to move....suddenly it can't....what do we get?
More 'quakes, sink holes, dead grass.

Sillier thought....
We've been taking oil out of the ground for ages.
What happens to your van if you take the oil out and rotate the engine? :*
We live on a planet with a molten metal core.....
There is a layer of "other stuff", and then the places where we take the oil from.....
The planet rotates.
NO WONDER the tectonic plates start to grind together and seize up! LOL:

Tidal generators....the same....the tides have moved in a certain path and strength for eons.
Suddenly, mankind decides he can "harness" that power for himself.
Is that working out well? I:

Even using falling water from a snow covered mountain (like we do in Norway), disturbs the "natural" flow of the water below.

F*CK IT......lets all have a mini nucular (sic) generator at home and in our vehicles.
The only way forward. A:

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,461 Posts
Nikola Tesla had shown the way for free unlimited energy over a century ago, he even demonstrated his discoveries of wireless power transmission on a global scale. There's no way the bankers would have financed such a scheme, there's just no money to made giving stuff away for free! The people who run the world ( the elite, the bankers ) the ones with all the money, where it doesn't seem to matter just how much money they already have, they want more! They basically tore down his laboratories, ridiculed the guy publicly, and destroyed his life's work, to this day Nikola Testla' research papers were never found!

The entire planet we live on is an energy source, the Earth' core generates current just waiting to be tapped. But unfortunately we live in a society where money is far more important than free unlimited clean energy.

Imagine a world where we have no more bills to pay, never have to put petrol in our cars, and not worry about pollution!

Where would the 'elite' be? probably broke like us! :)

TURK

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...BUT!!!

The Earth has "an energy core"...
It needs that to keep rotating!!!

Start using that energy, and won't it slow down it's rotation? :eek:

The Sun has free energy (also had good pictures on page 3), but if we use that energy up.....what happens then?

I really like these sort of discussions.

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,461 Posts
The Earth' energy is it's magnetic field that's generated by it's molten iron core, it's hardly ever going to run out, but scientists are saying that it's weakening ............. but then again, the magnetic poles do flip every million years or so. But they reckon the magnetic field restores itself.

I won't be around when that happens Gaz .................... so I don't really give a toss!!! :D

So long as I can drive my van around until the wheels fall off, I'm allright Jack! I:

Sometimes I do wonder though, how different things could have been, if it weren't for those in power, who's only intent in life is greed.
Then suddenly I'm all cheered-up when I remember, they can't take it with them! :D

TURK

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only came here because I thought it was about your van 'Conversion' mate! LOL:

TURK
French Pillock!

You know I keep MY conversions quite....I don't want "them Ruskies" knowing all my modifications! :eek:

Quote;
"I won't be around when that happens Gaz .................... so I don't really give a toss!!! "

Same here....40 years ago I decided there and then...I'll get "cut".

There are enough idiots in the world without ME producing more.....LOL:

With the way things are....
One couple, ONE child.....after that, cutting (of balls) is required.

IF they have LOADS of money, and can PAY to have more...OK....but FFS...NO way do I have to pay taxes (or even taxis) for them!!!

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL: LOL: LOL: I haven't been called that in a long time! I don't get out much Gaz! :D

And I agree as well mate T:

So we both agree to agree then!? I: So that's unanimous then!!! :D

TURK
The future is BRIGHT......for some of us. :cool:

·
Registered
486 Posts
The earth lovers want us to eat less meat because they fart allot and that's creating to much methane,
so what happens when we start haveing to eat more sprouts instead of meat ?

Nothing to do with my plates moving about but has a bit to do with wind

Second thought if we eat more meat there wind may replace that lost to turbines problem solved

"It's only the wind that matters"

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good Yorkshire humour cl51ffe T:

Does anyone ever put tectonic plates in the dishwasher?

"If you fart in the jungle and no-one hears it......will someone in China still smell it?" LOL:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts