VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there (Happy New Year!)*<:)>

I'm due to get started in the New Year on my T4 Kombi conversion into a weekend family camper (with the option of attaching drive away awning for longer trips). However, most conversions I have seen only seem to have one double bed for two adults.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions/pics of a T4 converted so two adults AND two children can all sleep in the back together when you need to get away quick. Plus we'd obviously need storage / kitchen area etc. In an ideal world I'd also like it all to be removable, for those times when I we need to use the van, as a van! I'd also like it to be as safe and secure for the little 'uns as possible. Am I asking too much?

I'm really scratching my head as to the best way to go about it and how to fit it all in - where do we start??

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
i once seen a van that had the normally rock roll set up with the worktops down the side but no rear wardrobe/cupboard, then across the back doors he had a box mounted which when you opened the top it contains a rolled up slatted bed, he then just pulled the slates out onto top of the worktop and he had a fixed runner on the other side then throw an airbed up top for kids to sleep on, it wasnt the most roomiest but it did work.the other options are to have poptop or hightop fitted or make the set up yourself and have a full width bed you can easily sleep 3 adults prob get away with 2 adults and two kids esp if the kids sleep top/tail
or my pics show a double bed at the bottom with a bed across the rear for one child and you could have a cab bed across the front
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/album.php?albumid=187
http://vw-beds.com/products/images/T5_cab_bunk1.jpg

ive since fitted a hightop which you can see so i have a double up top now

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
good that makes life easier and cheaper as mine was a lwb and hard to find ill come back shortly with details of suppliers etc i would expect them to start from £450ish if your willing to trim the inside yourself i did mine once it was fitted and cost me about £850 all in but top was £750 i think swb cheaper, ill be back

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts