VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

just attempting to convert my first van to get away this summer. Having been doing bits and pieces myself (mainly mechanical) the van came ply lined and insulated with a good quality rock n roll bed that was requiring fitting.
I’ve been in contact with loads of companies here in central Scotland, some reply giving you quotes then nothing, some don’t reply at all. Does anyone have any companies or individuals they would recommend? I’m only looking for the 12v electrics to be checked over, the van to be carpeted and floored, tailgate window fitted, standard window replaced by slider and bed fitted (previous owner had paid for bed and fitting but wasn’t ready for fitting to take place, it was agreed with company it would happen at later date but company are no longer keen to honour this allegedly one of the best in Scotland too).
Hopefully someone can offer some advice as we are hoping to get things up and running for summer and are really excited about it.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Yo

Did you ever get any help with this?

I cant help you as such but i can at least say im in the same boat. Ive got a boat load (get it) of work to get done and contacted 3 separate companies with little to no interest in giving out advice, quotes or even just an idea of when i could book in for work. And its not like its a small amount of work, im taking 1000's of pounds to them. Now at the stage of perhaps looking at companies in England because nobody up here will take me seriously. So maybe between us we could come up with someone who will entertain a bit of business.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve got someone doing it just now, rockin vans in Kilmarnock. I’m picking it up Friday. I think it will very much depend on what ur needing done if they will be able to do it. I basically gave them everything they needed to work with and a list of what I wanted done. When it comes back I’ll still have a couple things to do myself.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I will be REALLY interested to see how your experience with them goes and how you like the standard of their work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts