VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a T5 panel van in metalic blue, its a 2.5l 174ps, 57plate with single sliding door and barn doors. It has 50,000 miles on the clock, i have owned it from new, its very clean an tidy, air-con, elec windows etc and i'm planning to sell it to upgrade sometime end of this year (2012) or early next year (2013). The question is should i do a camper conversion on it, bearing in mind the only reason would be to increase the profit when i sell it, also to note is that i am a carpenter by trade and the majority of the work would be done by myself (NOT including some of the more difficult tasks-generally speaking that involve cutting holes in the body work, windows, roof etc.). Any thoughts or views would be appreciated.
Ivan.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you considered part converting the van - side windows, insulate, ply-line, carpet & flooring.

We recently sold our van which was to this spec and I'm sure by having this done helped sell the van - people can decide what they want to do further and can also see that it's not a builders van for sale.

Conversions do go for good money but they do cost: windows, pop top, charging/gas systems, crash tested bed, swivel seats etc. Plus your market will be limitied to people with much more money to spend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts