VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone
As the wife does not get any notifications from my postings on this site I feel I express myself.

Van has bee stripped out of interior - pictures to follow - and is going in on Monday to have the main panel work carpeted. I have just cut out all my panels in 3.6mm ply and ready for trim clips and carpeting.

Please can you advise on what I need and where to buy for the following items:-

Sound deading - No worries got plenty of this at work so will be using that or is there a specific I should use- heard of silentcoat or will the standard insulating pads be ok??

Insulating - I have read on here recycled plastic bottle insulation from b and q. This is £18 per roll or 4 for £50 at the moment. Sneeky look at the weekend while DIY shopping. How many do I need and what else do I put in behind the ply panels??

Electrics - Luckily we have a lad at work who is trick with electrics but where is the best place to buy kits from. I want to put this wiring in as it is all stripped out so what do I need - spit charging kit, invertor etc.

Anything else you would recommended to put in now while it is a bare shell.

So you have an idea of the layout - SW 2004 Kombi with twin sliding doors. I am keeping the kombi set up(no money for rnr) and will be making (well my mate will) custom bench seats behind the triple rear so this will convert to a bed.

I am looking forward to any help and advice - I am on a tight budget as need to pretend that I am not spending anymore money.

Cheers

·
Registered
719 Posts
I use 4 rolls in my LWB of the plastic bottle insulation, think there is a tiny bit left and one roll of silver bubble foil.

I would buy the 4 for 50 quid then sell one on if you only use 3.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi think he means the foil bubble like this, I recently did my van like this did the floor and roof and all panels then put the recycled bottle stuff in the gaps .I got the foil roll of ebay think it was about £42 for 10 meters I also slide some under the front cab roof lining thought id go the full monty lol. T:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Stick some extra wiring in the hard to access areas (or at least a means to pull some through) as you can guarantee at some stage in the future there will be something else you want to fit :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts