VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been searching about and I have found the odd bit here and there. But could some one help me by pointing me in the right direction for this

I am about to convert my van and when i do I will be posting pictures and how I did it but is there any sites out there for me to follow or good pictures of convertions stage by stage I have looked about on this site but even being a paid memeber I can't see alot of photo's

I am getting stressed as I have 3-4 days to do the converstion starting next week!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Uploading photos is simple; you can use the album facility:

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/album.php

You can find the instructions in the FAQ;

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=Albums+and+Pictures&match=phr&titlesonly=0

Good luck with the conversion,

One tip is you might want to resize any pictures you take prior to uploading them as this will be faster, If you are running windows XP, i recommend using the Microsoft power toy image resizer.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
er sorry but here is my normal week

get up Monday 4.30am get to work for 7.30 ready for 8am work till 6 pm get home about 9.15pm see family work till 10:30 pmon all the paper work then sleep, get up at 4.30am and do it all again. Oh I guess I do get a lye in on Saturdays I only get up at 6am to do my second job and that's the same for Sunday as well Rasp:

kinda pushed for time all the time.. hence any pointers would PLEASE be very helpfull I have taken off 9 days and I have 4 of them put to one side to do as much as I can as I need the van to sleep in the week after next at work to save on my 6 hrs aday traveling

SO PLEASE help me if you can you lot know what your doing I am a fast learner and I am sure with some pointers I could make some thing good...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Let us know where you are based and you might find there are some sympathetic folk on here that would love to come round and give you some pointers.

Ian. :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you are thinking about sleeping in it at this time of year and you have 4 days, I'd insulate it (sides and roof) and carpet the ply lining if you have one. Make sure you can take the sides off later to run your electric behind or if you know where your units are going do it now.
That's your first 2 days.

Forgot to say, get some thermal binds for the front and side windows.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let us know where you are based and you might find there are some sympathetic folk on here that would love to come round and give you some pointers.

Ian. :D
Fareham , Nr Southampton

I have not really seen any real life campers to look at other than the odd photo... so yes please...

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are thinking about sleeping in it at this time of year and you have 4 days, I'd insulate it (sides and roof) and carpet the ply lining if you have one. Make sure you can take the sides off later to run your electric behind or if you know where your units are going do it now.
That's your first 2 days.

Forgot to say, get some thermal binds for the front and side windows.

Yep what I was going to go for do what I can to insulate it and then that's why I was asking about ikea stuff it looks neat and its' quick and easy..

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
might have to take you up on this some time..so far I am insulated and have the basic ikea units in thats it

·
Registered
11 Posts
your a bit further ahead than me, im in the middle of insulating and will be waxoyling the inside of the pannels tomorow and stripping it for re-spray

1 - 11 of 11 Posts