VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
can anyone give us some advise regarding changing our meths cooker to gas?
Just really need to know if it's easy to do.
Many thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a original 1991 westfalia california. The stove is the westfalia 2 burner which runs on meths. We would prefer to run it off 2 mini gas canisters rather than one big gas bottle due to space.

Thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
It's a original 1991 westfalia california. The stove is the westfalia 2 burner which runs on meths. We would prefer to run it off 2 mini gas canisters rather than one big gas bottle due to space.

Thanks
Why do you want to change, my meths cooker is ace and no gas bottle issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's just the smell, it takes over the van - we use gas in our other bus and you don't get that smell, it just seems to cook better too.
Put if it's a hard conversion we will leave it the way that it is. Rasp:

·
Registered
503 Posts
It's just the smell, it takes over the van - we use gas in our other bus and you don't get that smell, it just seems to cook better too.
Put if it's a hard conversion we will leave it the way that it is. Rasp:
I only use mine to heat up food or boil the kettle and its fine for that. I love the smell of meths but i don't get much odour from the cooker.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Water your meths down a little (10% IIRC). It's the vapour that burns, not the liquid. Watering it down will make it vapour less and reduce the excess vapours which smell. It also reduces the carbon on the bottom of pans too.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Thanks
my westy has been converted, the previous owner had a plate made which is bolted in, and sits two small gas canisters, will take some photo's tomorrow so you can seeT:

·
Registered
1 Posts
dont know what your cooker is like but could you say buy the trangia conversion kit and fit it?
Hey guys. Has anybody already tried this Trangia gas burner into the existing holes of the spirit hob? The holes are 6.50 cm in diameter, but I haven't found the diameter of the gas burner anywhere, to see if it fits.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts