VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking at either getting a couple of years old t5 or maybe new van and having it converted, its ok looking at ads in mags etc but nothing like first hand knowledge.

so at the risk of opening a can of worms, who has a good reputation for either converting or supplying a converted t5?

so far i've chatted to bilbo, torbay and cool conversions down here in cornwall. anyone else i should check out?

·
Registered
210 Posts
You need to go and speak with FREEBIRD CONVERSIONS in Devon. They are not far from you as they are not far from Okehampton in North Devon.

I have now used them three times for conversions and parts for conversions. Stuart, Jan and Hans are really helpful and will spend loads of time with you to get it right.

I have also done alot of research in this area and found that you will not get any more better value for money from these guys. I am sure if you mention my name (Matt from the Fourm) they may give you a little more discount.

I am often down Devon and Cornwall way, and in Newquay the first week of August if you want to have a look at my van.

Good Luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bit further north but if you willing I can provide a bespoke solution. I have a recently posted thread you can check out with a completed white T5 LWB. Willing to assist if you fancy something different.
You can find me on 07712182848

·
Registered
166 Posts
Perhaps someone who's a bit handy with HTML could create a map with little flags on it showing where in the World all these people are? I've counted loads down in Cornwall/Devon, including Individualcampers.com, middlesexmotorcaravans nearer London, James at T4World in Kent, Elite in Worksop, Fireblade in Sheffield, and a couple more in Scotland.

I'm going to be mixing with at least one convertor (shergy) at Beaulieu today to get a feel for what's on offer, and hopefully (if the pregnant wife is convinced) look to organise an order. :) I've convinced her that the van used as a second car too, is an investment, as it saves on money for foreign holidays (had enough of airports!), and we have good friends in Edinburgh, which the van would make a good chariot for visiting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have a look at South West Camper Conversions. I have chatted to the same guys you have, seen both them and Cool Conversions work and will be going for SW. I went and had a chat the other day and they are genuinely helpful and spent a lot of time chatting about my needs. They even made some practical suggestions to reduce the price by cutting out things I thought I needed but now know I don't. Above all, the finish is far superior to any I have seen and they do a couple of nice touches such as relocating the courtesy lights.

·
Registered
408 Posts
To those reading the above post, please note I dont think you have seen my conversions in the flesh? so South Wests are not necessarily 'far superior' to ours.

The offer a very different style, so its personal preference (horses for courses and all that) and there work is to a very high standard as I have seen.

That is a nice touch, relocating the courtesy lights too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
To those reading the above post, please note I dont think you have seen my conversions in the flesh? so South Wests are not necessarily 'far superior' to ours.

The offer a very different style, so its personal preference (horses for courses and all that) and there work is to a very high standard as I have seen.

That is a nice touch, relocating the courtesy lights too.
Look good Shergy, the far superior comment was not aimed at your bits, they look great. Its just they are the best I have seen in the flesh and they also do the more traditional bit I am after.

Good luck with yours though, some of the floring looks cool.A:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Thank you, I know it wasn't just wanted to make it clear to others reading thread. Good luck with your van, I know they do a very nice job, you will be very pleased.

Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
20 Posts
looks like i'll be calling up shergy first then when i start my conversion....just need to find a good van or kombi.?T:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Choplee, will be our pleasure, give us a shout when you have a van sorted.

Thanks Aaron, was nice to work on such I nice van with such a nice owner.

Cheers
Si

·
Registered
103 Posts
just had mine done by South West camper conversions in Bideford North Devon..i am over the moon with it. I have posted some pic in TEAM WIHTE..the thread my pride and joy.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Anyone thinking of getting any kind of conversion work done in Scotland, windows, roofs anything, only just inside the border, pm me, I have just had an experiece I would not wish on others.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts