VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking of getting a T5 campervan but due to having a budget of about £10,000 i can’t find the one i want, either too old or massive milage (150k+) I’ve found that getting a panel van is much cheaper and converting it yourself could be more cost effective.
Does anyone know the price, have experience or know how to put windows in the rear doors and/ or side?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
its a bit of an open ended question, it all depends on what spec you want. it can be done quite cheap if you want to make your own furniture and use secondhand parts.

£10k doesnt go very far, for example HiLo Roof £5k, Bed on rails £3k, evomotion furniture £1k, fridge, hob, sink, pump heater £1.5k. Plus windows, wiring water tanks, tap, pump, 240v hook up, carpeting etc.

Obviously you dont have to have a pop top, and cheaper ones are available, some really nice vans have been built on a small budget.

I would work out what you want from the van first and then go from there.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Welcome aboard (y)
I was quoted £280 to have windows fitted to my barn doors, although you can but the glass for £117 + £22 for the fitting kit and do it yourself if you're confident enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts