VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally fitted my cooker (next to the side window which is film tinted) and only realised while fitting that the heat may damage the film tint, is this correct?

If so, I'm thinking about some sort of heat shield. The smev units with the glass tops would have offered the ideal heat shield in the glass tops, but i don't have one of these.

Anyone gt any ideas on how to protect my windows, if i need to?

Cheers

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I've started thinking about some ply covered in a heat proof foil. Still hoping someone has had the same issue and come up with something that doesn't look bodged I: I need some more ideas to throw around T:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers T:

I'm going to fettle something temporary for now. I think long term I will make something similar to on the pics that I can clip in place for when cooking.

·
Registered
636 Posts
maybe using 2mm steel sheet hinged at the sides so you could fold it away, would be quite compact and the mild steel should absorb the heat, try a local steel stock holder for a couple of off cuts they maybe even cut it too size for you, if you have no joy let me know and i'll get some for you, i work for a stock holder, and we'll arrange to get it too you some how, we travel south quite a bit.

tu88ie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts