VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help or guide me in the right direction for the little black plastic bleed screw that fits in the coolant hose just under the bulkhead.
Mine has sheared off (managed to get threaded piece out) but im in desperate need of a new one.
I would put an ad in the wanted section but they seem to take a few days to get cleared and need one asap.
Cheers Pete

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
A new one is available at your local VW dealership, they aren't expensive, it not worth risking anything but a new one or you'll end up in the same situation.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will try dealer again in the morning as this afternoon it was obsolete:confused:

·
Registered
701 Posts
If you find one let me know where! My local dealer would order me the whole pipe for £25+vat but couldn't guarantee they could even get one of those.

They couldn't find just screw on their parts system so even if somebody knows the part number that would help....

·
Registered
701 Posts
Looks just right!

The thing that worries me is my mechanic said they have a habit of snapping as you take them out so if I buy this and it doesn't fit but the old one snapped on the way out I'd be stuck!

·
Registered
331 Posts
That looms weat and really e. Why not make one up out of stainless? Or hold on get this have you got a nut and bolt shop near you? Ive got one called ahc in camberley. Take the screw in. Ask them to match it in a stainless bolt.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Still nothing. Got a busy May but if nobody's come up with a solution then next month I'll be brave and get the landy part of eBay and try.

Fingers crossed I don't break the screw taking it out as if the new one doesn't fit I'm, *cough*, screwed...

·
Registered
701 Posts
I still havn't got round to fixing mine. It's only weeping very slightly and I needed the van to get to work so didn't want to risk breaking the screw and not being able to replace it. Start a new job next week walking distance from home tho so it's one of the 1st jobs to get done .

·
Registered
701 Posts
I finally got round to ordering the land rover screw. Fitted it this morning, it was identical to the one i removed so a good cheap fix.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts