VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
We have started to loose coolant, slowly. The low level light is on, which is good, because it mean sit's working! We still have some coolant in the bottle and I was about to drain/replace and decided to warm the enging up first.
Noticed a leak from under the van - dripping from an underpanel next to the fuel cooler heatsink. I have removed some of the screws for the panel and pulled it away enough to take some pictires.
I'm getting a drip every few seconds. Clean pink liquid. Definitely the same colour as that in the coolant tank.
This is way behing the engine bay, and I can't see any sign of the stuff travelling from the bay. Everything is dry behind the engine.
I can see a couple of pipes which tee-off the pipes going to the exchanger in the dash, and these rubber hoses connect to metal pipes and head downwards and to the rear of the van on the passenger side.

Where do these go ? The image below shows a black circular thing (which looks to be connected to a hose) which appears to br dripping the fluid ? Anyone out there recognise this ?
(the greay rectangular heatsink on the left ot the image is the fuel cooler heatsink)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Would be were helpful to know what vehicle this is A:
The Webasto ThermoTop C sits right in that area, if it’s a Diesel engine..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts