VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Got 06 T5 on long runs uses nearly on coolant fill. No obvious leaks from any where had it pressure tested And it not losing any pressure. After the run the firewall is damp and brown water over the right hand side of the engine from leak put new cap on it but not fixed it also steam coming from the bottem of the tank any suggestions help ful first T5 and totally baffled?
Cheers

·
aka, cmp260
423 Posts
Hi

Got 06 T5 on long runs uses nearly on coolant fill. No obvious leaks from any where had it pressure tested And it not losing any pressure. After the run the firewall is damp and brown water over the right hand side of the engine from leak put new cap on it but not fixed it also steam coming from the bottem of the tank any suggestions help ful first T5 and totally baffled?
Cheers
if you have a 2.5 engine, I have heard that waterpump failure causes leakage internally to the sump -can even hydraulic wengine:eek:

check the didstick, if there is cream on it you are losing coolant to the sump. waterpump=replace.:(

·
Registered
133 Posts
Never replaced a head gasket on a 2.5! it is normally the water pump and the drain bore blocks at the rear so the coolant goes into the sump.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the same problem with my 1.9 engine had the water pump done about 5 months ago which is on the left side. its all wet on the right side and back fire wall there is no obvious sign of a leak or split in pipes. anyone got any ideas

·
Registered
612 Posts
99% head gasket unfortunately just done mine on my 1.9 for the exact same thing. Done with new cam shaft and lifters no more loss.
Had the same problem as well and like ur self replaced head gasket and cam shaft and lifters and no more loss ,hope the o.p here gets away with just the head gasket ,as it gets expense after that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts