VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Faulting on my Van today... (its been a while!!) I have a good few faults.. and its time to get em sorted... first one is a possible minor fault... Coolent levels are now within min max levels... (serviced) they were slightly below min before topping up... - not been topped up for 3-4 years..! so not a leak issue.

With it saying its intermittent i am i correct in thinking, now its toped up, could the sensor have triggered a warning once it was below the minimum level prior to having it serviced?

VAG COM Warning

Address 01: Engine
Controller: 074 906 018 AL
Component: 2,5l R5 EDC G000SG 3321
Coding: 00002
Shop #: WSC 02743
WV2ZZZ70Z1H057662 VWZ1Z0Y0855504
1 Fault Found:
17664 - Engine Coolant Temp Sensor (G62): Open or Short to Plus
P1256 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: N/A

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Na your coolant temp sensor is on its way out.

Does the idle speed vary sometimes?

I'd put a new one in - its dead simple and brickwerks sell em

·
6,703 Posts
Coolant temp sensors go all the time.

Mine has gone too at the moment but funnily enough doesnt give a code.

Check the actual on vag com, if you get a reading that jumps up and down alot then its a gonner.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Great thanks guy's... 1 issue down 4-5 to go :).... Back into the van again... found the time and a little money to get it finally how i want it... (never !!!!) :)...

30K miles in it last year... this year if i do half the miles that 15000 / 60 = no of hours saved driving :) LOL!!!

I used to do 250 Miles a day Staying over in Bath 2 nights a week in it to save travel ... its only 120 now..

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have got to the same problem do you need to drop the coolant level abit ? Or can you just disconnect the battery and replace the sensor

·
6,703 Posts
The sensor is not the one on the reserve ball. Its on the engine block and there are 2 of them.

No need to dis the batt.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Hi all.
I have searched the forum & this is the most recent & relevant thread to my question.
(sorry to hijack the thread).
Just after startup, the engine sometimes rises in revs for a short while, then drops back down. I did have a vagcom reading a while ago & it came up with intermittent temperature sensor fault. Apparently this is a common reason for the sensor failing.
So, (back on topic) I need to know which one is the ECU temperature sensor for my engine (2.5TDI ACV engine 102bhp).
Can anybody post a pic to show where it is?
Thanks all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts