VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only noticed this the other morning due to sitting in traffic for 40 mins at the end of a journey - and only then when the red light started flashing.......

It seems the fans aren't kicking in, so I'm guessing either a dodgy connection or thermostat issue - can anyone give me some pointers about what the common faults are (if any) or is it just a case of digging around and seeing what works??

What about fuses??

Thanks in advance H:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
if you look in the engine bay. look at infont of the battery attached to the bracket the holds the head lamp, there is some wires going into a double plug that you can disconnect. you can bridge the plu with a big fuse (not sure what size) and that will make you fans come on.

The aa did this to my van a while ago.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The double plug is actually a fusebox with a couple of aluminium strip fuses (VW only -not sure what the rating is either) - the fuses corrode and break...

There is another similar fuse box on the driver's side which is for the glowplugs - it's worth changing them too...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi So-Kal. The sender for the fan relays is on the drivers side of the rad. The fans are 2 stage, one at 80'c and 90'c. ish. They feed 2 relays behind the passenger side headlight. As above check the strip fuses for breaks, and the earths.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts