VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

We look after the PR for the new Cornwall Services nearish Roche/Bodmin - McDonalds, Costa, Subway, WH Smith but also three local food companies (pasties, oven fired pizzas, sausages); if any of you fancy basing it as an area to meet, we might be able to sort some sort of vouchers out.

It's on the way to Newquay and bang in the middle of Cornwall. Fuel is cheap too and there's a Spar on site that sells everything. It also feels like a Continental services rather than a stuffy old ex greasy spoon joint.

Let me know if any of you want to meet up there at some stage and I should be able to sort something out.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have passed those services a few hundred times and thought they look really good but never stopped there as my stop is just a bit further on at Polyphant (I think) at the bottom of the steep hill which used to be a caravan.

·
Banned
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have passed those services a few hundred times and thought they look really good but never stopped there as my stop is just a bit further on at Polyphant (I think) at the bottom of the steep hill which used to be a caravan.
Worth a stop IMO - now clearly I'm biased but it feels like a nice open Continental services and the local food is really good. Cheap diesel as well. But if you prefer the big names, it's Maccy D's, Subway, Costa, WH Smith, etc.

We took our kids at the launch and they have genuinely asked to go back several times. A bit odd but hey ho!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I will give it a go next time I am down that way but....diesel......whats that? 100% veggie oil for me until November. And I just noticed this is my 1000th post.

·
Banned
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
May take you up on that offer if I can muster enough interest for a 'meet' there for the southwest region T:
Just PM me if you do.

I did a check last night - cheapest fuel in Cornwall. And you can get a locals card, 1p per litre off the next fill up, then 2p, etc up to 5p. Makes quite a difference!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts