VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we set off for Cornwall/Devon on the 26th after summerfest, first stop is Putsborough sands as I have a surf lesson booked with nbsurf on the Monday then after that go where the mood takes us H:, hopefuly get a lot of Surfing, Kayaking, Skimboarding Etc. in, we are staying for 2 weeks, Rennie212 and Andycapandy maybe joining us down there and anyone else is very welcome to join us T:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
You should be around for the next cornwall meet first wednesday of August i think????

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
If that's Wednesday the 5th then we'll be in Cornwall too. :D

I daresay that we could well put in an appearance.....

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Let us all know where ya end up......we could come and partake of a nice cold beverage with ya T:

Come along to the meet if ya fancy some time away from the beautiful beaches & spend the night with us on Cardrew Industrial Estate :eek:LOL:

Chris :ILU:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I will be in newquay from the 2ND wednesday of august but i will miss the meet by a week :bhd but i will see you lot around town staying on porth camp site for the 3rd time this year but this time its for 2 1/2 weeks.

one day i hope to move down that way so i can cut down my fuel bill as i have done 13000
miles in 10 months and it is killing me with the cost LOL:

·
Registered
255 Posts
We will be down there too at Gwithian Farm site from this Saturday (18th)
for 2 weeks :) can't wait...we'll be the two loons waving furiously T:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the one thing I haven't thought about is the whole "i don't own a surfboard" issue, just looking at hire prices and it looks like £10 a day is about the going rate which over two weeks is £140:( does anyone know where I can get a good deal from? or does anyone have one for sale as it might be cheaper to buy a second hand one than hiring one, I have never surfed before, so a beginner board is all i need, but one that I can use for a year or so before I have to upgrade T:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
we head down on saturday night 25th for 2 weeks looking to book a few lessons myself
steve :ILU:

·
Formerly known as boscombesurfer
1,315 Posts
I will down that neck of the woods passing through from the 27th / Bude / Widemouth / Polzeath / St Mirren (Trevone/Harlyn/Constantine) come say hi if anyone spots us. Rear badge will give us away.

Taking my ickle surf dudess for a few splashes

Then again if theres no swell I wont :ILU:

·
Registered
533 Posts
the one thing I haven't thought about is the whole "i don't own a surfboard" issue, just looking at hire prices and it looks like £10 a day is about the going rate which over two weeks is £140:( does anyone know where I can get a good deal from? or does anyone have one for sale as it might be cheaper to buy a second hand one than hiring one, I have never surfed before, so a beginner board is all i need, but one that I can use for a year or so before I have to upgrade T:
Buy one on ebay, list it ending 2 days before you leave and state pickup from where you are :)

Free surfing, may even make a few quid

1 - 20 of 50 Posts