VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Letter from NHS England says that I should not go anywhere for three months. Road Tax and Insurance are both valid until February 2021.

It is possible/worthwhile getting tax and insurance suspended for the duration or cancelled and claim refunds. Road Tax was £265 and Insurance was £260.

Alleygater2

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
2nd what pothole says and is it parked on the road ? Even on private land bet the small print of your insurance says vehicle with no tax or mot will invalidate policies
Good luck and stay safe (y)

·
Registered
400 Posts
You can put the van on a SORN provided it's not left on a public road so you can get a road tax refund at least. You MOT is being extended by 6 months by the government. I'd keep the insurance valid for peace of mind. It might be worth speaking to your insurer to see if there's anything they can do to lower you current price but I imagine the cost to amend would outstrip any savings.

I always put my camper on a SORN over winter so just tax it for 6 months of spring/summer.

·
Registered
869 Posts
My camper doesn't get a chance to sit idle for 6 months lol,i use it as my second motor, to move stuff around for myself and any favours for mates etc,and most importantly i use it for my golf all year lol and it doubles up as storage for my clubs ,trolly etc .As i too lazy to put club's in shed after every round 😜👍

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Can only echo the above, should always have insurance cover on a vehicle, when I bought my van it became my daily drive so my other car just sat on the drive except for taking it out to keep it ticking over, I did however take my insurance from fully comp down to fire and theft, saved me a few quid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts