VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so ive had a price for my 1.9 t28 t5 front pad replacement £101.71 rear pad replacement £86.55 full service £132.00 and abs sensor £66.22 doesnt seem too far off the mark what does everyone think? Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should probably blank your home address.
The prices dont seem too bad at first glance .
Top man
It looks like i save myself a fortune by doing it myself o_O
No doubt mate.... if I had the space/tools etc time I'd consider it but then again it's my way of not killing other people doesn't seem a way out price just putting the feelers out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That bad gents? I'm new in the area always had a mechanic I can count on never had to worry too much on cost I dont mind paying but I dont wanna be stung

·
Registered
798 Posts
to be honest it isn't that bad ,its just we know how easy and quick these jobs take, but as you say having space and the tools is half the battle. (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
100% understand that. I'm a builder could fix a house for peanuts. I'd rather leave it to the professional re mechanics false economy me fixing it. Cheers for your post

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
If youre a builder and dont have the kit/ knowledge then your best off earning the money doing what you do and paying a mechanic to do what he does . (y)

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Yep i get what you mean sometimes better off just getting the man for the job
But i would question what parts are being fitted and what is labour cost
I buy both front and rear brembo pads for £100 and takes me an hour ish for front and an hour ish for rear
The abs sensor has to be a cheap £15 aftermarket one because i dont think you would get a genuine one for less than £50 i did put a £15 one on mine and it cleared an abs light fault 🤞
Cant stress enough how bad cheap brake pads are tho !!!
Brembo every time for me but you can get pads as cheap as £20 a set from unknown brands !

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have to agree regarding quality parts, i not saying always use vw parts but keep away from the cheapest on the market.

Brembo pads all the way for me also .

👍

1 - 14 of 14 Posts