VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened to them? I have noticed recently that every now and again you will receive a pm from someone asking about a certain modification etc. that you have done to your van, I can understand it happening in a thread as you may not see it as it is not direct so you are none the wiser. But to take the time and pm you, to which I usually reply with some detail and links where appropriate. Then you hear nothing, not even "thanks" .... not hard is it? Call me old fashioned but I was brought up with "civility cost nothing" mentality! :eek: .... Is it just me or does anyone else experience this? ..... right now that I have had my gripe, good morning all :D
.....(not all people but mainly people new to the forum.)

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Can't say I've noticed on here, to be honest. I hate bad manners, though. Always brought up to use mine, and made sure my own children use theirs. Thank you for this thread. I:

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
+1 there Bro...

I recently went to Houston on a work trip and its "night and day"... total shock, change.. In Aberdeen the Nigerians walk around with that air of disdain and arrogance over there in Houston they are normal civil people - I was stunned to say the least, especially when the gorgeous woman asked was the seat taken at my table, sat down and proceeded to chat away as if she knew me..

They say "Please" and "Thank you" over there very freely and if you don't you're seriously asking for trouble as its expected... I miss that mentality. I recently held the door open for a disabled person who went through, didn't say thanks, but then I expected that.. but it was the next two GabbyAnnies that barged through without thanks and when I commented I got the "bird"... the missus has now said "If it offends... then be like everyone else and DON'T hold the door open!"

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Yes, courtesy costs nothing & it's unfortunalty it's lack of is getting to be the way of life here.

I still hold doors open for Ladies, but if they dont say "thanks" (even a smile would be just as well, especially if they look as if their mobile has to be surgically removed from their ear at the end of the day) then I say a loud "thank you" to their departing rear.

I still help old Ladies/the infirm accross the road too - even if I have to stop the truck & dismount the cab.

Yes, I'm old school & quite proud of it too.

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts
The pm's I recieve are normally backed up but a thank you :) the odd one won't bother, but then it doesn't really bother me as I won't help next time I: Doesn't cost nothing to be polite

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
I still hold doors open for Ladies, but if they dont say "thanks" (even a smile would be just as well, especially if they look as if their mobile has to be surgically removed from their ear at the end of the day) then I say a loud "thank you" to their departing rear.

I'm just the same, there's a lot of traffic land things by us you know the ones that put you in path of on coming traffic to get round the amount that can't be bothered to put there hand up to say thanks for letting um through is astonishing proper miffs me off :*

Also had experience of the pm thing as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes, courtesy costs nothing & it's unfortunalty it's lack of is getting to be the way of life here.

I still help old Ladies/the infirm accross the road too - even if I have to stop the truck & dismount the cab.

Yes, I'm old school & quite proud of it too.
I too am very polite and manners cost nothing.

Yet you were very rude too me a few days back, saying I did not try and search a problem regarding my Cold Starting issue.
And thats incorrect as I had searched before posting my question

Just because im new to the site does not mean you can be very impolite to new posters!

One word,,, Rude!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I too am very polite and manners cost nothing.

Yet you were very rude too me a few days back, saying I did not try and search a problem regarding my Cold Starting issue.
And thats incorrect as I had searched before posting my question

Just because im new to the site does not mean you can be very impolite to new posters!

One word,,, Rude!
No - I was not rude to you at all & certainly did not say that you had not tried - to refresh your memory what I actually said ;

"For once I agree with NB - if (especially new) people show that they have at least tried or made some effort, more established/experienced members will be more inclined to help further."

I did not single you out - I simply agreed with another member that there have been a lot of people who cannot be bothered to make any effort, but those that do make an effort tend to get more help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
No - I was not rude to you at all & certainly did not say that you had not tried - to refresh your memory what I actually said ;

"For once I agree with NB - if (especially new) people show that they have at least tried or made some effort, more established/experienced members will be more inclined to help further."

I did not single you out - I simply agreed with another member that there have been a lot of people who cannot be bothered to make any effort, but those that do make an effort tend to get more help.
And if you read your next post, it says i have not made the slightest of efforts to search myself.

Look im not on here to have a slinging match with you, lifes too short.

I was unaware newbies are not aloud to ask a question with having X amount of posts.

As I say manners cost nothing, and my Gran used to say, Manners maketh man

Chris

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right enough said here perhaps :* let's all let this thread die quietly
Why? it is a perfectly legitimate question and thread! might wake some people to remember their manners in future, it will certainly make me think twice before wasting my time trying to be nice :(:(

·
Registered
842 Posts
Why? it is a perfectly legitimate question and thread! might wake some people to remember their manners in future, it will certainly make me think twice before wasting my time trying to be nice :(:(
Hi cocoa, there are more well-mannered on here than the other kind so you're not wasting your time being nice (and it gives you a cosy glow when you know you've helped someone):):):):)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts