VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there,i have just changed the bulb in the rear courtesy light, and a new fuse but the damn light still wont work:* are the little brass shoes in the right order( they may have come off when i took out the light!!!) anyhow, if someone with slightly more knowledge than me can look at these photos and please set me right. thanks cj
as you can see there are 3 shoes ,does the shoe on the long bar go in the middle,left or right??? im lost with this and afraid im gonna short out the whole car:eek:

the van is a 07 kombi.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Whip the cover off and you'll see some copper 'legs' that move to turn the light on/off..... Maybe they are shorting out? They are quiet thin and bend easily.

The pins look in the right order, I guess the cover goes over them and theplug is going on the right wayT:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i have the pins right and its still not working???? bulb is ok, all other interior llights work,fuses fine. does anyone have a photo of how the inside of the light should look and work when the lense rocks to change from off-door-on. thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
You have a cover missing from the electrical connection, I have a spare up at the unit so can check for you tommorrow. Looks like your lamp got a little hot though!!

Or maybe you could remove the other interior light and confirm for yourself??

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi and thanks for the replies. yes, just using standard bulbs, it got hot after i drove home from town one day with the light on!! wickedtintz, i have the cover for the socket,just had it off for investigation, i may change to led bulb which wont get so hot in future ;). i will check the connections when my hubby brings the van home later, fingers crossed and thanks again.T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts