VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a Fiamma Bike rack for a twin door VW T4 van and am looking for a bike cover.

I have been told by a Fiamma shop that the Fiamma cover isnt very good on these twin door versions. This is because the rack is offset due to fitting on one of the barn doors. I guess the covers are designed to fit centrally over the rack and with this one being offset means the fit isnt very good.

Does anyone have first hand experience of this or know of any other makes of cycle cover that will fit OK?

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
have a fiamma 2 bike cover for by fiamma barn door rack, fits centrally fine,
only problem is fiamma spec the size of the cover assuming you will spin the bars 90deg (stupid idea,may as well put em in the van if your getting tools out each time).
Goes on fine for 1 bike, sits a bit high (axle height) if 2 bikes on,
if i were buying again i'd do for the 3 bike cover as this should have enough width and sit lower over 2 bikes..
other than that does the job fine..

·
Registered
149 Posts
What's the quality like on this.

Read a few reviews where it split etc.

How does it go around the back of the bike rack. ?????

Velcro, and is it ok that the rack is offset. ?????

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2/3 bike cover for sale with the plastic warning sign that fits into the pocket on the back. I bought it in November last year but have never used it, having to give up cycling due to illness.

I don't want to split them up so will take £30 (posted) for both. PM me if interested. T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts