VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Interesting. What about the edges?
I edged some of my MDF panels, doors, etc with the plastic trim as used on most pro units but you need to have a groove for the tang to sit in (there are tools for cutting the groove). Some edges were finished with 3mm x 12mm softwood strips (glued to the edges), I just pin them by tapping the pin just enough to hold the edging in place - once the PVA dries I then remove the pins).

I have loads of pics but I think they have to be uploaded onto a hosting website first.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I edged some of my MDF panels, doors, etc with the plastic trim as used on most pro units but you need to have a groove for the tang to sit in (there are tools for cutting the groove). Some edges were finished with 3mm x 12mm softwood strips (glued to the edges), I just pin them by tapping the pin just enough to hold the edging in place - once the PVA dries I then remove the pins).

I have loads of pics but I think they have to be uploaded onto a hosting website first.
Be keen to see them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It is mainly used for covering the raw edge on laminated ply, you don't have that issue with mdf. Also if you use the edging strip, the doors will have to be lay-on, which although a very common method by the pros, is not in my opinion a very classy look.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts