VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to fit CR50 fridge flush, I've removed trim panel behind the unit which I can cut out to allow fridge to go further back.

However I understand I need to trim the metalwork to make fit?

This picture is the lower metalwork which I believe I need to trim. The rail section I believe is far enough back but the fork section on the left comes inboard to inner frame. Is this the section I need to remove?

Also the top, I believe I need to trim back.

Any advise would really be appreciated. I don't have the fridge yet, I'm picking it up in the week and want to be able to slide in and wire up as I'm off next weekend for the vans first trip, so running out of time!!

Many thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
I am putting my CR50 there too but I thought those rails are structural and I was worried it would weaken it. Am I assuming you are cutting them out, or have I missed the point?
I am going to locate the fridge a little further to the rear of the van as that rail curves back against the van wall , no cutting.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I fitted a Reimo water tank in there and had to cut all that brace out - no problems at all ,I did dynamatt it tho which gave it a less flex

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies, picked up fridge tonight and had a go at fitting, the brace will have to come out to a degree and I will need to trim the top.

So off Friday and will remove units to gain access and do the necessary, then off to Scotland in it on Saturday (hopefully).

Also got blinds to fit, they arrived today.

Getting there bit by bit.

Many thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies and advise.

Fridge now fitted, spent last week in the van up in Scotland and the fridge and van ran great.

Many thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts