VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just been to have some new tyres fitted to find that one of my rims has got 3 cracks in it the tyre hasnt gone down yet but it's only a matter of time i think do you recon its worth getting a repair done on the rim or try and source a second hand one????
have any of you got one you want rid of????

·
Administrator
30,977 Posts
Could that have possibly been a huuuuggeeee hole you seem to disappear down last weekend :D

Have a look on eBay Ju, you might get lucky and find someone in a similar situation to yourself T:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Bad news mate.
Personally I'd get a new rim if it's cracked in 3 places.
Are they RS8's, cos you should be able to pick one up quite quickly T:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could that have possibly been a huuuuggeeee hole you seem to disappear down last weekend :D

Have a look on eBay Ju, you might get lucky and find someone in a similar situation to yourself T:
yes mate i think that was the cause of the problem :) who needs to go to alton towers hey I:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a single crack in one of my RS6 rims and asked around, including my father who is a very experienced engineer. The consensus of opinion is that it's perfectly ok to get the cracks welded (assuming it's done well). Unfortunately he's 130 miles away at the mo, so haven't got mine done yet, but this is the course I will be taking. Also in the course of researching this found these guys who seem to pretty skilled in allow wheel repair. However I haven't used them, don't know anything about them other than what's on their site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts