VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new member. We've owned our 2010 Crafter for about 8 weeks now, and the progress on the conversion has been pretty steady. I have a couple of queries that have cropped up as the build has progressed though (I've had a look through previous posts but couldn't really find much);

1) has anyone upgraded their brakes? This is something I'd like to get done with all of the extra weight that's been added as the difference in stopping distance is already noticeable
2) has anyone had their Crafter remapped? Same reason as the brakes, it just needs a bit more torque.
3) has anyone encountered issues with the sliding door not catching? The runners apparently need realigning, but finding a commercial bodyshop that's willing/able to take on the task has been a nightmare (we're in Cardiff).

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Peter

·
Registered
41 Posts
How's your progress on the conversion?
Did you get anywhere with your upgrade/mapping?
Did you try t5 biturbo brakes, might be interchangeable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How's your progress on the conversion?
Did you get anywhere with your upgrade/mapping?
Did you try t5 biturbo brakes, might be interchangeable.
Getting there. Planning on taking it for a test trip this weekend, still need to do the cosmetics but the main stuff is done.
Remap is booked in with a local company in Cardiff for a dyno remap on the 20th of August so fingers crossed on that one.
Will check out those brakes, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts