VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Crafter elevating roof camper finally done

20K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  tuono1 
#1 ·
My crafter camper finally done,been a real test of pocket and ideas,got there in the end.

See less See more
#10 ·
Very cool, love the bright colours! and the pop top is a nice touch.
Notice your exhaust pipes on the side, where did you get that done? I need to look at doing something like this on mine as my exhaust face the waste tank and it get really hot so need to divert the exhaust some how?

Exo

#22 ·
Hi I sold her in August and we went for 1 last trip to Newport Beach in West Wales before she was collected, we parked on the beach at 08:30 had breakfast, the girls body boarded , had lunch, walked down to the river, had a barby just as the sun was setting at 21:00 and me and the girls looked at each other and all agreed we would never find something as cool and fab as this so we couldnt sell her.
Had to ring the chap up and well he was a bit peed off but understood.
Having had bays t25 T4s t5s this is by far the best Camper I have ever owned.
Long story sorry but she is not for sale, September next year we will need the money for our business so we will have to sell her then.Cheers

#23 ·
good job with the poptop

imho this is a " game changer " for me, i have struggled with trying to fit in 4 beds, a toilet and a small kitchen, a few of my layouts worked, but they were all based on a LWB, and they look massive and a PITA to drive as a daily

i always thought the only answer was a poptop, but always talked myself out of it, so back to the drawing board i go ;)

#25 ·
Hi yes as no one would touch it.
Bought a Vw T5 pop top,had to shave a bit off the front corners
Cut hole for roof entrance between roof support just behind drivers seat
Hardest thing was fixing canvas at back of roof as height was very limited.
Two man job.
Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.