VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Exterior for me just about finished apart from the obvious choice of alloys. Difficult, as choice seems very limited :confused:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
just prior to Christmas I took the advise of two respected friends and purchased this excellent condition internally but nonetheless written off caravan.

All of the inside including full size cooker and fridge are in as new condition, as is shower, toilet and superb cupboards, cabinets, sink, seats etc etc. Now setting to removing all the relevant parts and transplanting them into the Crafter.....
Photos to follow :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just to add, for hygienic reasons, all seat covers will all be recovered, and work tops replaced. T:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Pleased to report Simon at Notts County Campers has about finished fitting the off white sculptured melamine faced wall and ceiling boarding....

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
My great friend Steve has been helping me this week carefully remove the camper interior, and place it in the Crafter just to see where any problems might be with fitting....

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Not being a caravan user, Can't help but be impressed with the clever design and buld quality of the caravan I purchased. Much more confident now with the job of reassembling all the kit back into the Crafter. Wiring, plumbing, hot and cold water system, all seem relatively logical to remove and therefore hopefully the same to refit I:
Here goes...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Spent today working on the Crafter.
As the interior walls on the Caravan are perpendicular and the Crafter isn't. Some time was taken to knock up a template in cardboard to use to reprofile all necessary units.

The first item for reprofiling (the trim behind the drivers seat) is in the photo.
Next job was to remove the passenger dual seat, and fit the newly acquired (at ludicrous cost) single seat, to enable easy access to the rear....

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Tomorrow I'll start cutting the dividers/cupboard hangers etc etc.
Also today, had a recommended flooring Guy turn up and measure the Crafter interior for some heavy duty vinyl flooring. Price agreed, just need it fitting ASAP :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Going to be a nice van A: I was at my local dealer last week and he showed me a brochure for the new Crafter which is a complete new body not shared with Merc,
The top of the range now is the 200ps Four Motion T:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Do you mind me asking how much the caravan was? and how easy they are to get?
Reasonably easy to come by, but I'm a pain in getting exactly what I want. Not having anything to do with Caravans in the past, like with any vehicle there are big differences in quality. The caravan I bought was an Abbey, all of the fixtures and fittings are excellent quality and seem barely used. Prices vary greatly for obvious reasons. A bargain compared to buying all the kit separately (£12k). I think £3.5k would buy a decent caravan. :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
A close friend put me in touch with a local carpet/floor fitter. Chose a neutral grey/beige extra tough vinyl flooring. Very little will actually be in use once all the interior is in....

Right, so now it's time to start fitting everything :eek: :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Taken time off from Wednesday this week to really give this project a push as times getting on if I want to do some camping this Spring. Very fortunate to have been given five days by friend Steve as he's got plenty on with his own jobs @ WASP conversions. He's a very clever lad and I'll take this oppertunity to thank him for his support T:
Taken plenty of time to get the profiling of all of the base items and top cupboards so everything fits tightly to both walls and ceiling.
Starting behind the drivers seat and moving clockwise as it were.......if photobucket lets me I'll post some pics. I:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So, fix the first profile...

Then attach the dual seat...

Make up the dual seat bases and attach to the floor. Next the shower/toilet cubicle panel...

With a hand from Steve..

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Now the above cupboard run, again carefully altering the bracket profiles...

Then replacing the doors...

Rear trim plus table fixing next...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

Starting to take proper shape now....

Bottom of the all the cupboards have eyeball spots and curtain track fitted in situ. Clever touch. :)

21 - 40 of 104 Posts