VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Rear seat/Double bed needed a slight mod to fit...

The screwed down and cushions in place...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The rest of today was spent removing the remaing sides of the shower cubicle from the caravan to begin fitting them in the Crafter on Monday. T:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ok, so lots of effort in the last two days to reinstall the toilet/shower cubicle in the Crafter. Although all the bits are available, obviously re installation takes a lot of planning. To get all panels square and plumbed, plus fitted in a new vehicle is difficult and time consuming.
Can't thank Steve enough for his patience and expertise in this. T:

Here's the finished article, now we need an adjacent cupboard to house all the hidden pipe work and cabling.

Sorted, after a lot of effort.......

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Spent all day today dismantling the cooker and fridge unit. Unfortunately because we agreed on a descent width of walk through, the fridge and cooker, cracking as they might be, are simply too wide. So new fridge and hob/sink now being ordered.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Brilliant job A:
Thinking of making the same move from the T5 in a couple of years time!
Keep the updates coming T:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
What a fantastic build thread.

Almost bought a Crafter at the beginning of the year, I still might. This thread has inspired me again.

Keep up the good work and updates.

:ILU:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Working lots of hours at the moment, so unfortunately the Crafter is taking a bit of a back seat for a week or two.
Spending evenings looking at sink/hob units and ancillaries. Curtain colours, LED mood lighting, air con units, and the headache of alloy wheels. How come all the stuff I choose is the most expensive I:

Also thanks for your invaluable support guys. Comments much appreciated. :ILU:

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
This is ace. Good idea to use the caravan as a donor as well :)

Our next van (not for a few years yet) will be something a bit bigger like a MWB crafter or master etc...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow what a fantastic job.

I'm currently planning up-sizing from my T5 to a Crafter. I'll probably go the ready made route as I don't have the patience or wherewithal to carry out a conversion myself. Trouble I'm having is that most conversions don't have seat belts in the rear. I need something that will carry 5 passengers and sleep 4. I've seen some with lap belts but they're no use for the kids.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Ok....
Seems an age since I've posted. A very busy job has stopped me from carrying on with the Crafter until now. Fortunately I'm on a weeks leave and with expert help from my great friend Steve here we go again. :)
We spent most of the day replanning the next moves, and just to get my hand back in I started by carpeting the rear door panels.

More tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Spent a lot of time today making sure the cupboard run that supports the worktop runs square both vertically and laterally Also which cabinet is suitable size wise for the CRX65 fridge and also the Microwave.

Hopefully a bit more in the way of pics tomorrow I:

RIP Photobucket......A:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Well maybe no surprise that Photobucket have popped their corporate head out from up they’re wrecker and restored everybody’s photos. My blog seems to be readable again A:
Obviously a large amount of time has passed, what with work commitments and two visits by thieves (Catalytic Converter extraction experts) the build has taken a great deal longer than expected. I’d like to finish the blog and hopefully there might be some out there still interested ..............I:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Next job was to start the sink/cooker/fridge run of bottom cupboards, which had to be modified in width to not interfere with the shower/toilet door opposite.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts