VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My first post to the forum, I am about to undertake the conversion of a 2011 Crafter Cr35 136 MWB (photos coming very soon!) My main query was how does the registration as a motorhome process with the DVLA work and is there a cost to doing it? Also how does this affect tax and insurance costs? Any info from peoples experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Cost nothing to reclassify as a motorhome.

Tax doesn't change but it's meant to be cheaper to Insure after conversion ...although I'm not sure I've personally noticed much difference .

·
Registered
831 Posts
No cost to change van to campervan DVLA. Go to Dvla website for detailed info. Pretty easy process.
Tax stays the same.
My insurance is roughly the same price, but the van is now insured as a camper van, it's value is now twice as much a a panel van.
Good luck with your conversion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the replies! Removal of old ply lining and a good clean out is on the agenda for this weekend, then the hard work really begins! LOL:

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Thank you all for the replies! Removal of old ply lining and a good clean out is on the agenda for this weekend, then the hard work really begins! LOL:
Always a really exciting point this ripping out and starting fresh H:

Then out with the cutting gear and in with the new windows ...everything quickly begins to look less commercial and more like a leisure vehicle at this stage .T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts