VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here's mine, only work done so far is removed one section of the rear floor, leaving one larger piece to remove. Delays due to previous owner bonding the factory floor down with sikaflex, which is a nightmare to remove.

I've owned this van since May this year, and only done 1k miles in it, and during that time, spent a fair wad of cash on everything needed for the conversion, from roof vents, insulation, solar, solar control charger, inverter etc etc.

Picked up my new van by S STEEL, on Flickr

I did have a wiring problem which was giving the engine warning lamp some life, and the air filter light, turned out the socket that plugs into the air señor on the air box needed renewing as it wasn't clipping onto the sensor securely.

Further plans are flares, off road wheels and tyres, and small narrow windows in the rear. Front door windows will be tinted. Currently looking for options regarding a black roof rack, and rear door tyre holder. Have already a rear door ladder, which secures to the rear door without having to drill any holes.

Will get some more photos once I figure out how to get this big van cleaned, there are no jet wash places here in Finland, and all the car washes are too small, so have reached out to a caravan motorhome place that has wash facilities, just hoping they will let me use them so I can finally clean my van.

What do you guys do to clean your Crafters?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had been considering the Pros and cons of converting an Ambulance ever since watching "Project Amber" on YouTube.
I looked at several most had 300,000 Miles plus and were in a fairly rough state, typically al the fittings were broken or not in a fit state to test. no point paying extra for something that does not work etc.

I specifically wanted an Auto & I had seen this one on Ebay.
Once the price came down to within my budget I decided to have a look.

There can't be many ex ambulances around with < 90,000 miles on the clock
It has full Aircon front and back HRW & wipers, an Eberspacher d4, Inverter and Leisure battery single passenger seats, enough windows, really well made over head lockers plus a dirty great 500KG stretcher lift (which I will not be keeping) that easily lifted my BMW R1200ST! The seller had done a reasonable job of removing the Ambulance livery as well

It's going to be an interesting conversion I will be stripping everything out but a lot will be reused especially the ceiling and lockers

This is Thistle as he once was

And now as I bought it

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ok, finally managed to find a place which my Crafter fit into so I could clean it, here she is..

IMG_20181107_114428 by S STEEL, on Flickr

IMG_20181107_114459 by S STEEL, on Flickr

IMG_20181107_114444 by S STEEL, on Flickr

IMG_20181107_114452 by S STEEL, on Flickr

IMG_20181107_114434 by S STEEL, on Flickr

Will be starting the camper conversion in the Spring net t year having spent the last year buying everything needed for it. Plans are for a set of BF Goodrich AT tyres, roof rack, rear door ladder, and rear door spare wheel holder. Spot lights all four corners on the roof, flares on each side, small vented sliding window in each.

Just purchased today a like new single passenger seat to replace the double thats currently fitted. Bulk head already removed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My van looks nice and shiny whilst its wet, but when dry, its dull, I can see me spending hours polishing the paintwork in the new year for sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
"Bumble" as she arrived back in April. Currently part way though converting to a camper/bike hauler/occasional works motor.

[/URL][/IMG]

61 - 70 of 70 Posts