VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for some information on replacing the steering wheel on my 2012 crafter which has been converted into a race van (campervan ) .

ive got a mk6 golf steering wheel and airbag but before i take the OE steering wheel and airbag off i want to be sure i have everthing ? is it a straight swap ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
im looking for some information on replacing the steering wheel on my 2012 crafter which has been converted into a race van (campervan ) .

ive got a mk6 golf steering wheel and airbag but before i take the OE steering wheel and airbag off i want to be sure i have everthing ? is it a straight swap ?
Did you ever get this to fit? Id like to replace my Crafter wheel with a flat bottomed MFSW

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately I never bought it as I couldn’t find any info on the fitmentand didn’t want to waste my money

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unfortunately I never bought it as I couldn’t find any info on the fitmentand didn’t want to waste my money
Ok thanks for the reply. Im in discussion with a retrofit company at the moment to what what i can do. Ill let you know when they come back to me, should be early next week, they seem pretty confident they can do a T5 MFSW but wont be able to move the cruise control from the stalk to the wheel buttons. I would like to do it myself but some reprogramming might have to happen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever get this to fit? Id like to replace my Crafter wheel with a flat bottomed MFSW
Hello, I have been looking in to this myself and i dont think the vw range steering wheels fit. From the information I have gathered it's a Mercedes fitment because the sprinter and crafter are basically the same van. I have found somewhere that do steering wheels that go straight on. If you haven't been sorted out let me know and I will give you the details. 👍

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I have been looking in to this myself and i dont think the vw range steering wheels fit. From the information I have gathered it's a Mercedes fitment because the sprinter and crafter are basically the same van. I have found somewhere that do steering wheels that go straight on. If you haven't been sorted out let me know and I will give you the details. 👍
Hey mate, yes I’d love to know, I found a place that does a flat bottomed crafter wheel but they can’t tell me weather the MFSW buttons fit on it
Van-X | VW Crafter Leather Steering wheel

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts